This can produce custom HTML moving, fading, coloured pop-up tips for any link or other object in a document.
Note: This script was designed for "version 4" browsers and is now outdated. Please consider SuperNote instead.
Script License Agreement
You may use this script only if you agree that:
- Donating Users: This script is "donation-ware". If you can make a donation to support this script, it may be used on one website without a crediting link. Please consider making a donation! I have spent a lot of time developing, debugging and documenting scripts, and any support is welcome. More info...
- You must leave the "Script Name/Author/URL" comment in the source of the script file.
- This script is provided on an "AS-IS" basis, without any warranties, and you use it entirely at your own risk.
- This script may not be redistributed, sold, rented, leased or sublicensed to third parties without my prior consent.
If you have another use for the script (for example, within a web application) or wish to arrange alternate licensing terms, please contact me for more information.
If you want, you can view an online demonstration.
To download this permanently: tipster.zip (14kb).
Compatibility - Testers Needed!
If you have a copy of a browser not listed as 'Tested and Works', please tell me if it works or not - thanks! Take these as a guide only, and be sure to test in all target environments.
- Tested and Works: IE6/Win, IE5.5/Win, IE5/Win, IE4/Win, Mozilla/Win, NS4/Win, Opera7/Win, Safari 1.0/Mac, IE5/Mac, NS4/Mac.
- Untested, Probably Works: IE4/Mac, Mozilla/Mac, Opera7/Other, Konqueror/Linux.
- Incompatible: Opera 5 and 6 do not support replacing the HTML content of page elements.
- Definitely Won't Work in v3.x browsers. Make sure you account for older browsers or search engines in your site design!