Photo Morpher v1.0 beta
This is an XHTML based photo gallery viewer that morphs/fades between images. All photos and captions are stored in a standard <ul> list in the document, for excellent compatibility with old browsers. The script dynamically rotates through them with customisable controls including autoplay functionality.
Script License Agreement
You may use this script only if you agree that:
- You must EITHER:
- Donating Users: This script is "donation-ware". If you can make a donation to support this script, it may be used on a website without a crediting link. Please consider making a donation! I have spent a lot of time developing, debugging and documenting scripts, and any support is welcome. More info...
- You must leave the "Script Name/Author/URL" comment in the source of the script file.
- This script is provided on an "AS-IS" basis, without any warranties, and you use it entirely at your own risk.
- This script may not be redistributed, sold, rented, leased or sublicensed to third parties without my prior consent.
If you have another use for the script (for example, within a web application) or wish to arrange alternate licensing terms, please contact me for more information.
If you want, you can view a local online demonstration. I've also used this script in the photo gallery section of another site I designed, Mount White Outback Adventures, so perhaps take a look at that for a bigger demonstration!
To download this permanently: photomorpher.zip (47kb).
Compatibility - Testers Needed!
If you have a copy of a browser not listed as 'Tested and Works', please tell me if it works or not - thanks! Take these as a guide only, and be sure to test in all target environments.
- Tested and Works: IE6/Win, IE5.5/Win, Mozilla/Win, Mozilla/Mac, Safari/Mac.
- Tested, Mostly Compatible: Opera7/Win and IE5/Mac support the script but do not support alpha blending between images. IE5/Win works but doesn't support padding well.
- Untested, Probably Works: Mozilla/Linux, Opera/Other, Konqueror/Linux.
- Definitely Won't Work in IE4, NS4, Opera 6 and earlier. In these browsers, the script displays a list of links to images.
This is the first public release of this script.